Golden North Choc Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Slice! Tell us what you think?
75g Butter (at room temperature)
75g Brown Sugar
30g (1/8 cup) Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 Tablespoon Milk (extra if needed)
Pinch of salt
95g (3/4 cups) Plain Flour
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (Small ones are preferable)
2L Golden North Simply Indulge Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Grease and line with baking paper, a square 10 x 8 x 2-inch (25 x 21 x 5cm) baking pan or glass dish. Ensure that the baking paper is long enough on the sides to pull the whole slice out of the pan, while supporting the base.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy and the sugar feels dissolved (no granular texture when mixing).
3. Add the vanilla, milk, salt and sift in the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. (Note: if mixture is too thick or dry, add more milk)
4. Add and mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Place cookie dough into the lined pan, or glass dish, and flatten with a spoon, so the whole base is covered, and the cookie dough is even. The cookie dough should be around 5-8mm thick
6. Scoop your Golden North 2L ice cream on top of the cookie dough; making sure it has been left at room temperature long enough to scoop and easily spread.
7. Evenly spread the ice cream over the cookie dough.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
9. Serve by cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Serving suggestions: Dust with coco powder, drizzle chocolate sauce or sprinkle extra chocolate chips on-top of the ice cream.
View Product: 2L Simply Indulge Vanilla