Golden North Simply Indulge Vanilla Ice Cream 2L (1-2 tubs)
1 Madeira Cake (available at Most supermarkets)
1 cup Milk
2 cups Fine breadcrumbs
2 cups Plain flour
Vegetable oil for frying
Caramel syrup or caramel topping
Glad Freezer go between
Electric deep fryer or pot on a stove
1. Form your balls from the ice cream and wrap in freezer go between, the size should be a little bit bigger than a cricket ball. Then, put straight back in the freezer, preferably overnight.
2. Crumble up the madeira cake and roll the ice cream ball in the cake crumbs, making sure you get an even coating. Then, put straight back in the freezer for a few hours.
3. Crumb the ball in flour, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs, then back in the egg wash and crumbs again. Put the ball back in the freezer overnight is best.
4. Time to fry! In a fryer or pot, heat the oil to 190 degrees, place the ice cream ball in the oil carefully and fry for about 40 seconds until golden.
5. Place on some paper towel to remove excess oil.
6. Put on your plate and drizzle the caramel sauce on top and garnish with a maraschino cherry. Dig in and enjoy!
Note – Be very careful when frying in hot oil